Thursday, June 23, 2011

Welcome Jace Daniel!


Minutes before the whole adventure....nine months pregnant
All of my doorknobs will stay grimey just while longer now...not to mention anything about the bathroom or the toilet seats.

Ok, I am no model.  I don't really like posing for pictures but had to get some in there.

About 8 1/2 hrs later...labor was ok.  Ok hard.  Is there easy labor?   He was posterior and the chord was wrapped around his neck which made things a little scary for a bit but he is fine and mom is recovering.  Dr. Murphy is the best Doc. around so that made things better.

Jace Daniel Powell born 6-21-11 4:22pm 7lbs 10 oz. 22in long
He is a blessing and is such a good baby so far!

He likes his fingers from the first second




Brandon was the only one we captured with our camera holding his new baby brother but Verenice got some with her camera of Tyler and Ethan so I will ge those...This morning was the first time the boys experienced home life with a new baby around.  The funniest 45 minutes of my life happened when I had to explain breastfeeding with a three boy audience.  Oh the laughing.  Tyler remembers a little bit from when Ethan was born but Brandon could barely stand it he was dying laughing.  Ethan is jealous I think...he wants milk in his chest too.   There is just a glimpse into my life this morning as I started a new life with Powell baby Jace #4.  Things are going pretty well.  I am tired and moving slow but happy to be home!  The boys are really excited and very interested in Jace.  I have already had LOTS of help!  They really are helpful at times which is nice.

Going home the next day! (Yesterday)

Am I cute or what???

16 comments:

Kat and Steve said...

You guys, I love him already! Are those dimples I see? He looks like Ethan. Can't wait to meet him this weekend. Congrats!

Patrick and Paige said...

HE IS SO ADORABLE!!!! I cannot wait to squeeze him!!! life with 4 boys is going to be such a fun adventure!!! I am so happy for you all and love you so much. Thanks for the update...keep them coming...I love to be able to know what is going on since I can't be there. Love ya

The M Family said...

LOVE the name! He is so adorable! Glad everything went well and it's over. It's always nice once they get here, except for the sleep, of course.

Red Bed Head said...

I love your little babe, so beautiful. And in answer to your question, I have recently realized that my labor and delivery with Kate was EASY, all things relative of course. Glad you are doing well and that the big brothers are enjoying their new toy.

Lindsey Anderson said...

He is sooo adorable. I am so happy for you guys. He really is so cute already!!! Enjoy every minute :)

The Stumps said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA....ok, so even though I just heard the breastfeeding story live like 10 min ago, I still laughed out loud when I read about it. So funny

Ashley said...

Very Cute! He looks like Brandon on the last pic. Can't wait to meet him.

Carlee Powell said...

He is sooo cute and cuddly. I also love the name Jace and the breast feeding story brings back memories,it is so funny.. there is just no privacy with 3 older brothers. I know Jace's big brothers are so excited he is here. Thanks for letting me care for them the last couple of days - we had lots of fun.

Unknown said...

he is perfect! props to you girl for posting on your blog already! i envy you! you have 2 more kids than me and i don't htink i got pics of laney up on my blog for like at least a week! and i love the breastfeeding action! raegan wants to feed a baby too! she says, "my boobs are awesome!" congrats marnae and family!

Cydnie & Charlie said...

Congratulations Brian and Marnae...you guys make cute babies!!

Shiara said...

Wow, I can't believe how much he already looks like his brothers! Definitely going to be one of the bunch! I can't wait to meet him! :)

Cooper said...

Congrats you guys, what a cutie! Welcome to the world Jace!

Jaime said...

Newborns aren't supposed to be that cute - Jace is such a cute guy! I want to squeeze him! I wish I could come with the girls to meet him, but Annica and Grace are on orders to give him lots of love from me. I hope I'll be delivering a little friend/cousin for him soon!

Saedi said...

Congratulations!!! He is so perfect!

Thompson Family said...

I about died laughing picturing you nursing him with the other 3 boys looking on and having to explain. Priceless. Can't wait to meet him. Any chance of coming over for newborn pics?

April said...

Congratulations Marnae. Such a cutie. I love the story about the breastfeeding-hilarious! Good luck in the weeks that come!