Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter Weekend

A couple of weeks ago Ethan our three year old told me I was "full of crap".  Well, he said it in a way that was actually cute and he was looking at me smiling because I think he knew that he wasn't supposed to say it.  I smiled back and said I don't think so.  His shoulders came up and he smiled even bigger.  Needless to say and I am happy to report that he has not said it since.  That was a shock to me!  Brandon has been asking if other things are bad words too.  I think he hears a lot at school.  Most of it is pretty funny.  We had the radio on saturday while we washed cars and did yard work and a song was on the radio that wasn't bad at all but he thought he heard some BAD words in it and was appaled that we had it playing.  It was funny.

We are going to have a garden this year.  We have had small ones in the past but this year we have built two garden boxes and saturday we had the boys help out by staining them.  I don't know that most people would even care about staining them but Brian wanted to have them last longer and look nice of course!  Which is fine with me.  They did a great job and Brian watched over them after he had worked on builiding them.  I washed the cars all day in the front of the house.  Inside and Out which sruprisingly took all day!  We took some pics.  Some of you have requested a "baby bump" picture.  I am not thrilled about posting picutres of myself but here you go.  Not that flattering but there he is.  Two more months and I am excited to be back into normal clothes! 

Easter was great fun!  We went to "Grandma Patty's House" this time since John and Carla are in Mexico!  Lisa and Steve came and Steve did his annual tricky adult egg hunt.  We took some pictures and I will try to explain.  The kids did their own hunt in the front yard as well and as always Ethan and Brandon were yelling and squealing the whole time of excitement.  That is Christmas morning too.  SO EXCITING for them it's fun to watch.  I took some pics and video.  I will have to see how much I can get on here.  It takes time to blog that is for sure.   Time that I don't really have but I don't record our life any other way so I must do it.  At least sometimes.

Our first basball game for Tyler and Brandon is tonight, so far it's raining today so we will see.  Saturday was great weather but other than that I have complaints!  It has been far too cold this Spring and we are waiting on the warmer weather for sure.  Brian is liking his job with HSW in Bend builiding the Health Careers Building for COCC (the college in Bend).  Ethan and I are kickin it here at home a lot while the older boys are at school.  We still get to the gym and exercise most mornings!  Ok here are some pics hopefully let's see if it worked.  Having some trouble this morning so far.....

Brandon has been successfully throwing back flips on the trampoline.  We will proabably get him into gymnastics here in a bit.  Baseball first.  One thing at a time.  Tyler took these pics.  Pretty good!





Brian and Tyler obtained an 80 dirtbike for Tyler for free and are often working on it in the garage.  Will be cool if they can restore it and get it running for him to ride.


Wall ball....the boys are crazy about wall ball
                           
Garden box staining




Dad relaxing

There it is-not really that pretty but oh well.  Please keep in mind I was cleaning all day...



Thought I would take this picture to show how frustrating it can be to feed Ethan!  This is how much of a peice of bread he ate the other night.  Good, sourdough bread.  Whatever.  Starving kids all over the world I apologize. 

Ethan got a new hat from the neighbor Sam cause it doesn't fit him anymore.  Ooohhh how he loves this hat.  Yep, sleeping in it even.



Hunting eggs in Grandma and Grandpa's yard


Brandon even found a frog of course!

Ok, here it is, the adult easter egg hunt.  See that egg behind the picture?  The deal is you can't move or touch things you have to just find it by looking around and in things.  They are real eggs that have been hallowed out and painted.

Inside the Microwave vent

Inside a centerpeice on the table.  This one is covered in fabric.







I have more pictures than this but I am running out of time.  Hope these do the hunt some justice.  If you really want to experience the fun you have to be here next year on Easter!

4 comments:

The M Family said...

geez Marnae, I look as big as you at 3 months. no fair! you look great!! Great pics.

Ashley said...

Those eggs are so cool. Maybe next Easter we can come up and do the hunt.
I am jealous of your garden boxes...I know I am wierd but really jealous, seriously.
And your pregnancy is going way to fast. I swear you just announced it yesterday!

Lindsey Anderson said...

I love the update! You look so good #4!!! Your boys are so lucky to have a mom like you. All the sports, toys, and fun!

Kat and Steve said...

Marnae, ya look hot! I know you don't think so, but you always look great when you're pregnant. I'm not just "full of crap" by saying that.

Those garden boxes are awesome too. Every year we say we're going to do that and it never happens. Add it to the list of things that we never get done. They look really nice and I bet the results will be even better!