Sunday, April 10, 2011

I am just either lazy enough or time efficient enough to use a letter I wrote to Brian's sister and her boyfriend on their missions for my newest post.  It contains all the necessary update info that I am sure very few are even interested in!  Anyway, it's my way of keeping a log of our life.  Pictures will follow soon. 

Hey Guys!

So I am sure that everyone is telling you about John's Dad being in the stake presidency. Pretty cool! We had a great stake conference here. The Eugene mission president and his wife spoke last night and then he did again today. He is really funny and seems like a great man. It made me think of you two out there.

It isn't always fun to keep your kids quiet for two straight hours during stake conference but we did it. They did pretty well. It's also nice when you have other families with little kids that are making more noise than your family! Brian is ironing some shirts for the week in the laundry room while I type. I would like to tell you that even though he doesn't write much (or ever, really) he does love you both and think about you. He is soooo busy with finances here at home, WORK mostly, and then his calling in the stake young men's presidency.

We are both busy trying to teach our boys how to be respectful, normal humans as well. Ethan just got in big trouble tonight for making so many messes. Oh my gosh, he is like a tornado. But it isn't really that cute because he is old enough to know better. Brandon is pretty busy just bugging others, Tyler, he's pretty easy. I do have to remind all three of them to be nice to each other though.

Ethan and I saw a new born little boy today in the back of the gym where we were hanging out and I showed him that is what his new little brother will look like. When we got home he kept asking me when the baby will be here, "when is he going to come out?" he got excited! We are getting excited, not too long to go really, 2 1/2 months. About the same as Cathryn has left on her mission! Crazy.

Well, Tyler and Brian have been busy with any spare time they have together working on a dirt bike that the Morgans from sisters let us steal from their home in Hillsboro. It is a little 80 and it is pretty trashed. They are slowly taking it apart, cleaning, fixing, and putting back together. Tyler has written two letters to Travis Pastrana lately. He is really into dirt biking though he doesn't actually do it that much! Not while it's still cold anyway. Ethan and Brandon are really into golf right now. I got them a little plastic set for inside and they love it.

We are getting ready to plant a garden this year! I haven't really ever done one here in Redmond. I had a great one in Provo but haven't realy had the paitence to try one yet here. I am excited to have the boys help and learn while we grow yummmy things.

The two older boys have started baseball practice....it snowed last week so....good thing the games don't start til the end of the month. Hopefully the cold weather will leave and the warm weather will stay~

Ok, well that is about all I can think of to wrtie about. We are reading the book of Mormon with the boys and they love all the stories. I have been studying the Ensign and the scriptures that go along with those articles and I really enjoy that. I LOVED general conference last weekend, I always have. I wish I could remember all that was said each minute of each day. So glad we have the gospel in our lives. Raising kids would be even more challenging if we did not have the knowlege that we do.

Well, take care of yourselves! We will talk to you later!

Love, Marnae

4 comments:

Verenice said...

This was a nice letter Marnae. Don't feel bad, I don't know which one is worse, I think my way, I just send them what I wrote on my blog. At least yours is addressed to them specifically. But I haven't even done that in a while because their email always bounces back my pictures and it drives me BONKERS. And it's funny how you write mostly and not Brian. It's the reverse for Matthew and I. Oh well, I know they know we all think about them. Anyway, I enjoyed the update. I didn't know about John's dad. That's pretty cool. You guys and all your important callings :) They called me to be the primary music person here and its been tricky. Mostly because I loose my place a lot while conducting, but I just smile. I don't think the kids notice, just the teachers. Okay, longest comment ever. Probably should have emailed this instead but, I was too lazy to do that too :)

Kat and Steve said...

It makes me feel better that Steve's not the only one who doesn't write very often ;) Don't tell him I said that.

Who is Travis Pastrana? Is he the dirtbike guy that the boys want to name your baby after? Because Cletus is a WAY better name that I'm sure your kid would hate you for. I'm getting excited for baby whatever-his-name-will be and to come and visit this summer. We miss you guys.

Brian and Marnae Powell Family said...

That's so funny because I keep teasing them that we are going to name him Cletus...that would be sweet. sick.

The M Family said...

Hey Marnae, THanks for the super sweet comment, that is adorable. I am glad we are not forgotten even though we are gone! Tell Brandon to let me know how the yard looks....:) You should report on your couponing too, I am totally a beginner but there are some fun blogs out there to get you going....the only thing I am missing right now is more belly pics of you! I keep looking and there aren't any>>> Congrats to you too!