Friday, March 3, 2017

Bonus Letter!!

Received a bonus letter today.
Dear Mom and Dad,
This little letter is me answering all the questions you guys asked because I didn't have time to in my other letters.
Did I keep the gloves? Not a chance. Do I like the cactus? They're cool to look at but they hurt really bad. Fun to throw rocks at. Do I like the scenery? Yes actually. Especially the sunrises and sunsets.
Have I learned much about plants? Yeah, a lot. Mainly about what wood is which and which is the best for carving spoons.
Am I learning survival skills? Definitely. They've taught me a lot out here. Have I learned to protect myself from the cold? Yes, I guess.
What does my trail name me to me? I'm honestly still trying to figure that out but I have some ideas I will share with you when you get here. Do I like my trail name? Yes, very much.
Do we normally call each other by our trail name? No, although everyone here calls me sawyer. It's cool. Wet Dog? Oh man, it is the most delicious thing out here to eat. I'll teach you both how to make it when you get here. Can I cook? Let's just say I can make the best pancakes out here. Alongside my new friend Jaxon. I also invented something called "the can of whop A." That's another surprise for you both.
Do I eat wild edibles? Yeah, whenever I can find them..Do I take baths in the rivers and streams? I should but it's way too cold.
I hope that answers some of your questions. There is still a lot out here that I want to tell you but I'd rather just show you. It will be very fun. Thank you both. Feel free to ask more.
Love, Tyler
(*"Wet dog" is a mixture of tang, brown sugar and powdered milk I believe.....Marnae)

No comments: