Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Miracles Might be Happening

I have had second thoughts about sharing all of this with you but I keep receiving conformation that these letters are ok to share.  Just know that this experience is super personal, I'm sure you know that.  We are doing well here at home.  Very much at peace.  Still making sense of everything each day but overall things seem to be going well.  He really enjoyed receiving so many letters from you all :)   Thank you to those who did.  Also?  I don't even have to correct his grammar or spelling, pretty impressive.  He expresses himself pretty well I'd say for a 14 yr old.  It's just his handwriting we need to address LOL.....FYI "trail walkers" are young adult counselors.  Usually college students that work here and there in between semesters, specially trained to work with at risk youth.  I think it would be so cool if he decided to come back later in life as a trail walker.  Many who work at Anasazi either went through this program themselves or knew a close friend or family member who did.  

Dear Mom and Dad:

Hey :) How has your week been?  Good I'm hoping.  Mine has been pretty awesome other than I totally ran out of food the other day.  I'm hungry, tired, and very dirty but I'm still very happy and I'm always able to stay in a good mood through whatever is going on.  I don't know what it is but I'm just having a lot of fun.

All of my band mates are really cool and we're all coming to be really good friends.  We've got some new ones too over that last two weeks and everyone here is super positive and easy to get along with .  Even though I'm the youngest one here, it just feels like we're all the same age.  But yeah, not much has happened this week activity wise but I have had huge awakenings that I would like to share with you.   So I've been thinking about myself and you guys a lot this week and how we could make our family relationship stronger and I realize that by finding out who I am, I can show you both who I am so we can both get to understand each other more.  Not just that but also that I am closer to finding myself than I thought.

I realized that I am not just one person.  I am whoever or whatever I choose to be.  That's the real truth.  So, I want to choose to be me and what that means is that I am a person who does what they want and what they should do and is still happy.  I want to add in a few things as well.  Such as respect and honesty and maybe a few more.

But yeah I think that this has been my most important week yet relating to self discovery.  Now all I need to do is try and be who I want to be.  I'm going to try and do that amongst my new friends.  And my trail walkers are basically my friends so I'm not even gonna call them trail walkers.

I hope you liked my letters last week with all the answered questions 'n stuff.  I'm really starting to notice how well this program is working too.  I'm super excited to just get home and see you guys and have fun.  We should also go snowboarding when I get back because I really miss it and I wanna hit Bachelor this year!  I hope to hear from you guys soon.

~Tyler

P.S. Sorry I didn't write to both of you separately.  I'm working on a lot of projects this week and it was just easier to do one.  I'll try to next week. :)

TO EVERYONE:  JEEZ you all write a lot!  I'll try and get back to you next week when I have the time. Sorry, I'll respond to everyone though, Love you all!

~Tyler

No comments: