Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Tyler's Letter 3-1-17

This weeks letter of Tyler's is AMAZING you don't even know how many emotions I go through in one single day....I typed his letters this week.  It was hard to read his copy.

Dear Mom, 

Hey.  It's me again.  How is everything?  I hope it's all going well.  Everything here is pretty great. I'm actually having a lot of fun this week with some of my new friends I've made.  The hiking is still kinda brutal but I usually can handle it.  But yeah I've been feeling super happy and excited this week because of how much I'm learning and how much I'm being accepted and helped by people.  Also just thinking about how fast everything has flown by so far.

I'm already on day 23.  That's so insane but cool because that means the sooner I come home and get to see you guys.  I'm really excited to get home and see all my friends and family and spend time with them.  I know I'm not even half way done yet but I'm just so excited for the great things to come in these following weeks.  I've been thinking a lot about who I am this week and through hiking and working hard to make things and talking with my trail walkers I've been learning so much about myself that I never even thought possible before.

Especially when it came to my ability to be positive.  How I came to discover this was through dealing with rather confusing and frustrating situations such as one this week...so me and my band were hiking on Saturday when all of a sudden our trail walkers told us we had to do something different that day.  So we went the complete opposite way we came and we had to all get in cars and we weren't really allowed to ask questions.  Everyone else was just as weirded out as I was but we had no choice but to just along with it.  

Long story short we were just getting relocated to a new area but I found it frustrating and stressful at first.  But then I just decided to try and think positive and to not really worry and everything turned out to be great.  That may not seem like much but it was a huge awakening for me.  Also, seeing civilization again kind of made me homesick but happy the same time.  

But yeah, this week has been great.  I'm looking forward to hearing from you.  I would also like to hear from some of my friends too like you said.  That would pretty cool.  I hope I'm doing a good job on communicating how I'm feeling.  I'm feeling pretty happy and I also really miss everything back home.  Hope to see you guys soon :) (I really like the pictures you sent.)

Love, Tyler          







Dear Dad,

Hey Dad.  This week has been a great one.  So far I've been thinking about myself and who I am a lot this week and I've learned a lot about myself as well.  Not only that but I've been thinking about you a lot as well.  Mainly about how much I think you would like this place and how fun it would be if you were here.  You and mom.  I really miss you guys.  But it makes me happy to hear from you guys and how things are.  I can't wait to get back and just be home.  I don't know why but I just really want to be home and chill with the family and have fun.  

I also really want to work on the Yerf Dog (go Cart) now that the snow is melting.  Just seems like that would be fun.  I also wish I could tell you everything amazing that I see here and everything that happens and everything I'm learning.  It's just too much to put into one letter.  When you guys come here towards the end of my walking I'll be able to tell you and show you everything.  You have no clue how excited I am for that.  I just wish it could happen tomorrow but I know I still have some things to learn here about myself. 

I'm learning so much about myself each week.  I'ts almost overwhelming but amazing at the same time because I'm learning things about myself I never thought possible.  I'm excited for us to get to understand each other more and connect more and be happier.  So yeah that's my week.  How has yours been?  Good I'm hoping.  I'm anxious to hear from you guys again.  It's one of the best parts of my week.  I hope I'm seeming positive and making sense in my letters.  I'll talk to you next week.  

Love, Tyler 






No comments: