Sunday, June 29, 2008

Our Three Year Old Can Waterski!!!





Once again the post is all about Brandon. Last night we were at the lake, like we try to be every weekend now that it is warm, and the boys decided they wanted to waterski! Tyler did this last year at agae 4 but didn't really want to try it again last year. Brandon always said he wanted to but you know, he was only 2 last year! So anyway we got Tyler up and then of course Brandon hopped up cause it was "his turn". I looked at Brian and he just said ok~ This kid doesn't even know how to swim! I guess that is irrelevent because of the life jacket but still. Anyway, he popped right up and did great! It was all very exciting. The funniest part though was that about 5 seconds into it he started lifting the skis trying to JUMP!!! He skied for about 5 minutes and tried again toward the end of the ride. It was so hilarious. He is such a little dare devil. I am nervous for my future and my bank account and health insurance! What a crazy kid. It was about at dusk when we took them so all kinds of people were out on their houseboats enjoying the evening and both the boys got plenty of cheers and praise for their accomplishemnts. Anyway it was thrilling as their parents because we love to waterski ourselves!

Here is the bummer. There were four adults and six kids in the boat, no footage was taken. I was driving (which makes my heart race-driving your little babies behind a boat, what mother does that? I can't do that well enough to take pictures too.) My friend Deborah had my baby, her husband had the other side of the rope because (it is this new kind of rope where the person in the boat holds it so the kid is not attatched to the boat getting dragged if they don't know to let go.) And Brian was in the water helping the kids get set. Last year we had Grandma on the dock taking pictures, she will be sad she missed it. We had no idea they would be so ambitious! So anyway that is the story, it was very cute and thrilling. We will get it on video and post as soon as we can!

Here is the other great thing. Last week when we went the water was pretty cold becase the weather had not been very warm. This week just a week later after 70-80 degree weather and yesterday at 98 the water was GREAT! Hopefully the Lake in McCall Idaho where we will be next week will be the same!

So the pictures that I DO have are of Brandon again. He got a hold of some scissors and did some self grooming last week. He walked out of the bathroom and looked at me and in his funny little low voice that can't say "r"s and with his "lithp" he told me "Mom, I cut my haya, it wath too long.."

To our family we are excited to see you all in McCall next week!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Good, now if we can get Zach to try...Way to go Brandon, you are a stud!

Verenice said...

You are going to have some amazing water skiiers. Matthew's jealous. He says he needs a boat, but I have to remind him that he first needs a job!

Kat and Steve said...

Brandon, your haya thstill looth awethome. That's awesome that he's skiing, although I'm not surprised. We can't wait to come see the real thing in a few weeks. Yup, you'll probably be taking your fair share of trips to the ER in the next 20 years!

John and Cathryn said...

ha ha ha I love the hair. What an awesome kid seriously, I can't wait to see. WHAT IS THIS? You are coming to Idaho to water ski and you don't even tell me!? Who do you think you are??

Thompson Family said...

Wow, what a nut! Can't wait to see it. Hopefully footage will be soon to follow. Thanks for the pics, too!

Shiara said...

Wow! That is impressive! I can't wait to see it! I can't believe how BIG Tyler is getting! From the pictures he looks like he is starting to get really tall.

Have fun in Idaho!

Patrick and Paige said...

That is hilarious. we can't wait to see you guys also. I can't wait to see him get up and ski. love and see you soon