Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I CAN BEAT YOU UP!






This is what I was told today at lunch by Brandon my 3 year old hulk. Not really he's acutally kind of small but he's pretty tough. Unless he gets hurt of course which happens every ten minutes or so and then he goes on and on and on. I can't believe how much he picks up from the neighbor kids, he was saying something else the other day in the other room that made my eyes open very large. I decided to let it slide because I knew that drawing attention to it would only make it worse and luckily I haven't heard it since!

Here are some pictures of the kids and me that got taken for Brian's birhtday/Father's day. The other is a drawing that Tyler does just about everyday and tapes them up all over the house. This particular picture was taped up in our room over our bed. I think it is Brian and I holding hands. They are very cute drawings, he is a sweet kid, never tells me he's going to beat me up!

Ethan is working on two more teeth which will make a grand total of 8. Four on top and four on the bottom. He has been a runny nose mess and pretty fussy but maybe getting those teeth in will make things easier for him. He isn't walking yet but is getting around just fine besides.

Well there's a fairly boring update on us. We are just waiting for summer to arrive. Until then...

Here are some Recipes

Chicken Fajitas with Guacamole

Marinate chicken in olive oil and taco seasoning (I don't like fajita seasoning, just taco)
Saute:
1 onion
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
with olive oil and salt and pepper, remove from skillet

Saute chicken just until tender about 8-10 minutes
combine veggies and chicken and add more taco seasoning to taste
serve with cheese, sour cream, black beans, lettuce, salsa, lime wedge, cliantro sprig, etc.

Guacamole
Mash up desired number of avacados, add Lowry's Garlic Salt (I use this everyday) and sour cream. That's it.

The best salsa is Arriba Brand Roasted Mexican Red Salsa Mild. It tastes just like Chevy's

5 comments:

Kat and Steve said...

Those pictures are so cute. I can't believe how much Ethan has changed, I know I say that every time. What a funny sideways grin. Marnae, ya look hot! Maybe whoever cuts your hair should cut mine when I'm up there.

John and Cathryn said...

This is what I do on my homework breaks...look at my siblings lives and wish I was done with college like them! I love those pictures and I'm bummed I forgot to grab mine! Thanks for the fun bday party and weekend! It was great seeing you guys!!

Patrick and Paige said...

Adorable. I love the pics of the boys and the one with you and Ethan is great. so fun to look at your blogs.

Parker Family said...

Your boys are so cute. It is fun to hear all the boy stories.Love your blog. Erin

John and Cathryn said...

I know I already commented but I am commenting today to say... Happy Anniversary to you and Brian! I'm soooooo lucky to have you in the family...or am I? Just kidding I love you!!