Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Graduations and Chins



















Well, Tyler graduated from PreSchool last Friday and he was very proud. He is excited to go to Kindergarten across the street at the new school in our neighborhood next year. He is excited to turn six and be at the "big school." He asked me on Sunday

"Mom, when will I graduate from Church so that I don't have to go to that anymore either?"

I think some of the families around us heard him because it was during the closing prayer of sacrament meeting, hilarious, I had to try not to laugh out loud.

Brandon cut his little chin open last night at about 8pm. He was going off the jump that Brian made the boys and he didn't "landed it" as he usually says. He "landed" on the sidewalk and gashed it pretty good. We took him to the ER and they glued him up. They asked if he had ever been there and I surprised myself by saying no, I could't believe that this was the first ER trip with either 3 of my boys. I was, however, there with Brian in January when he gashed open his leg on a snow mobile. Can you imagine the money that the medical industry will be making off us in the future? Especially with the dirt biking that they plan to do together more and more??? Well, good thing Iam a calm and composed mother! I used to teach First Aid for the Red Cross so I feel like I can handle most things...some of you know a thing or two about that. I even had a SHIRT and a BADGE at one time.

Well so those are the happenings around here. Ethan is as cute and crazy as ever at 9 months now. He loves his brothers and his parents and anyone else who takes an interest in him. He took a step the other day so who knows what will be in store for that kid soon.

I love this picture of Brian and the boys. They were checking out the song that David Cook sang with ZZ Top on the Amercian Idol finale, it was pretty cool...Brian likes ZZ Top. The other pics are of Tyler playing T-Ball and Ethan trying hard to play the piano. I just heard Brandon in the kitchen with Tyler talking about his "owee", "you can't touch it, it has glue on it".

So I think I am going to start posting recipes that I like each week....it's fun to remind myself of good easy dinners that I like and I thought some of you might like the ideas.

Here are the recipes of the week

Sweet and Sour Chicken
1 bottle catalina salad dressing
1 jar apricot jam
1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix

mix those together and spread over chicken in a caserole dish. Bake 350 drgrees for one hour and serve over rice. S0 Good and So EASY.


Sweet Strawberry Salad
dresssing: 3/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1tsp salt
2-3 cloves garlic

put in blender and pour over salad. You can add poppy seeds for color if you want also.

I use:
-romaine lettuce
-sliced fresh strawberries
-shredded monteray jack or mozzerella cheese

you can also add the following if you want the salad as more of the main dish...
-almonds (chopped and toasted)
-bacon bits
-green onion
-cooked chicken

I like to make this in the Spring and Summer and serve with a toasted Thomas' Everything Bagel with butter-yum.









9 comments:

Kat and Steve said...

I am so glad you're posting recipes, because you have some of the best ones ever!
Ethan is starting to look more like Brandon and less like Tyler, but that's just my unsolicited opinion.
Best of luck to Brandon with his glued up chin and to Tyler while he waits to graduate from church. I can't totally blame him!

Ashley said...

I second Kat, recipes is good. Then I don't have to think so hard...Nice updat on the kiddos. Ethan looks like a little boy already. No more baby, guess you should start getting ready for another one...hahaha

Saedi said...

Serious! I'm ready to graduate from Church too!

Verenice said...

I can't believe Ethan might already be walking. We'll have to tell you later about Eva's ER trip. We took her in not to long ago, she fixed herself, and they still billed the insurance 551.00 Crazy huh? Good thing our co-pay is only 50.00!

Patrick and Paige said...

Oh great. Recipes are good. I love recipes. I need to start cooking more now that we bought a house. We can't afford to eat out anymore. Life, as we know it, is going to change. I love the pics of the boys with brian. I love all the pictures. love ya.

Jaime said...

Marnae your cooking is so good! I am excited that you're going to post your recipes, because now I know what to make for dinner...how about posting them every day? (jk)! Sorry about the ER trip. It sounds just like Clara's...a glued up chin! I also laughed about graduating from church! Very funny!!! Your boys are so cute!

Lauren Thompson said...

I love the recipes too....although I have both of these already! Can you make sure I don't have them yet? (Ha-Ha) We just had the strawberry salad last week. We LOVE it! And I just made the Sweet and Sour chicken last night....I love it, but the kids don't, but then again they don't like much anyway. We love the pics! Our kids have a week of school left. We are so excited for summer! Yea!

John and Cathryn said...

I know I just talked to you on the phone Sunday but I just can't get enough of you I guess! I love that picture of Ethan even though he looks so old :( and John thought the picture was as great as I did for Brians present! Can't wait to hear his response to it!!

Shiara said...

I look forward to graduating from church too! I think it happens about the time that you have to start wearing those ear phones to hear the speaker!

All your boys are getting so big... It will be fun to see what kind of trouble they can stir up at the Homeboat this summer!