Monday, February 22, 2010

Caving and Basketball

Brian and Ethan Dad and the boys entering the cave
Tyler
Brandon and his friend Braiden

Tyler and his friend Blaine
Tyler and Brian playing at the last practice

So Brian's sister and her boyfriend John are on missions for our church. He is in Paraguay and she is in Missouri. I am writing them once a week and I think I will just paste those letters here and it will be like a journal for me. I like to tell them funny stories that I can think of that happen with the boys because they were around so much before they left...

To my two favorite Missionaries!
Hi kids, thanks for all your letters. You should see me eyes how they are so glued to the screen when I read your letters. I am SO interested in the exciting things you are doing! Things sound great for both of you I am so glad. I hope this next week brings more good things while you teach!
Things here are good. Ethan and I just returned from one of our walks that we like to do in the mornings if we can and it was soooo cold! Probably not as cold as Missouri but colder than it was last Monday for sure. We had to cut it short cause Ethan was so cold. I was ok, but I wasn't sitting in a stroller either!
This past weekend we went searching for some caves that we saw in a hiking book that we have. The boys were really excited, we went out just south of Bend to some caves called, Skeleton Cave, Boyd cave and Lava River Cave. Some are closed until May and the others were cool.....except it's hard to see into a cave when you don' bring any flashlights! Duh! Well, we are planning to go back next week with some light, headlamps etc. Ethan was really funny though, I don't know if we would have gotten very far because he was scared to be in there. He was so funny saying "we gotta get outta here guys!" "I'm too scared!" I don't know if we will get any farther next week if we bring him! It was fun. The weather has been beautiful here. It was warmer last week but this weekend and now starting this week are colder again. I am ready for some warmer weather but John, that sounds hot and sticky! Sounds a lot like Brian in Guatemala actually. He didn't need shaving cream to shave I remember. Cold showers too. He'll have to write you in a bit. I am sure it all sounds familiar to him.
I can't believe no one really works there! Hmm. Sounds like some Americans I've met! I am glad those two families sound promising. Cathryn, haven't heard from you yet today but hope all those contacts are positive ones.
Not much else is happening around here. Boys are doing well in school, Ethan is getting old and so are Brian and I! Brian's still in young men's and I am still in Relief Society.
Well, I am going to attatch some photos. Some are of Brandon's art work and writings. He is ALWAYS getting out papers and pens and drawing and writing. He didn't even know the whole alphabet before preschool this year and now he is spelling words. Mostly his name. That took a while to learn for him but he's got it now. Tyler is reading great and doing well in math too. I am still teaching PE for Tyler's first grade class once or twice a week just as a volunteer it's nuts. So many kids! It's fun though.
Take Care this week! Love you guys!
~Marnae

Here are some funny videos...


Above is Brandon Dribbling


Above here is the "Under Pass"

This is Brandon guarding his best. The beginning

is him more than the end of this little clip.

5 comments:

Thompson Family said...

LOVE the underpass!

Ashley said...

Brandon is Hilarious! I am with Mari, the underpass is great! The double dribble with his legs in a deep second is another fav-or-ite!

Laraine T said...

OK I am laughing out loud. I can hardly wait to see them in person later this week!

Carlee Powell said...

I am so glad you videoed Brandon it is priceless. I loved watching the dribbling action at that game. It was so fun! I can totally imagine Ethan and the cave. I think you are going to need a floodlight to have any luck getting him in there. I hope we can go with you sometime.

Kat and Steve said...

Brandon is quite the little athlete. I love his stance. So funny.