Monday, February 20, 2017

Awakenings, "the making of an asking"

At Anasazi they teach about things like:
"the making of a walking"
"the making of a listening"
"the making of an asking"
"having a sitting"
Awakenings

This week our letters are a response to Tyler's first letter to us which was less than pleasant.  We did feel however and were council by his "shadow" that showing emotion is good.  Even if it's anger.

Each week we are supposed to write two letters.  One is a response to his letter.  The other is to, in a way, report, or talk about the walking we are doing here at home.  Explain awakenings we are experiencing.  Have you sat and taken the time to write a sincere heart felt letter to your child recently?  Let me tell you.  It takes time and effort.  It has been so good for us.  For me it has made me slow down.  It has allowed me to connect to him as well with myself.  I have three other kids that I need to write to as well.  I think this is so important.  I am grateful for the things I am learning. These are things I have always known but have forgotten.  I have known that writing is therapeutic. Honestly after college I didn't write much anymore since there were no more assignments.  Back when I used to do this blog more regularly it was mostly to keep a record or journal of life with little kids.  After I had Jace I think Facebook and Instagram took over which is a sort of quick easy record but definitely not the same thing.  When I go back through my blog here I am soooo grateful that I kept that record.  I do not remember very much of what I wrote about.  I am a little sad that I stopped.  Now all I can do is start back up again.  I can't really make up for lost time. I did print this blog back in 2010 and will probably do that again soon since I do not scrapbook.  I used to!  But I felt like this was a great substitute....still feel that way :)

I want to take some time this week to write some letters to each of my other boys.  There.  That will be my goal for this week.  As of now I use Sunday evenings to write to Tyler because his Shadow needs them by noon Mondays.  See?  Assignments,  Deadlines.  I need them : )

This weekend was good.  My letter to Tyler outlines much of what is happening around here so that will be a record for now...Also I am not great at following directions I don't think.  I set out to write two letters like they said but ended up melding it all into one.

To view the letters you need to click on the first one and they should all come up in a window that's easier to see.
















1 comment:

Patrick and Paige said...

Awesome!!! Such heart felt letters! It would be impossible for Tyler to not feel loved after reading your letters! Love you all!